Filmed in extremely difficult circumstances, Al Qaeda operatives describe how they planned and prepared for 9/11. Their exclusive interviews provide a rare look at life inside Al Qaeda, into the personality of Osama Bin Laden and Al Zawahiri.
Intercut with the interviews is archive of 9/11, some of it never before seen, and footage from hidden cameras. 9/11, as it’s never been seen before – through the eyes of Al Qaeda.
• Mohamed Abdullah: Leader of Al Qaeda in Pakistan and close associate of Bin Laden
• Azul Abri: Recruiter for Al Qaeda
• Fatiha el Mejjati: Widow of Al Qaeda leader and present with Al Qaeda in Afghanistan in 2001
• How Bin Laden expected the Americans to react to 9/11
• Exactly what Al Qaeda did in the days and months following 9/11
• How they were able to escape the American Special Forces.
• The real reason Commander Massaud was murdered two days before 9/11
• How the training camps were organised, financed and run
• Other attacks considered before 9/11
Speaking to soldiers, psychologists and prisoners tortured with his music at Guantanamo, Sesame Street composer Christopher Cerf finds out how the military has been employing music as a potent weapon for hundreds of years.More info
We look back at how 9/11 has shaped our world. These personal and intimate testimonies of individuals come together to cast light on the overarching story.More info